“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God – not the result of works, so that no one may boast.”
Ephesians 2: 8 – 9 (NRSV)
We confess the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. As Lutherans we believe that a person is saved only by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
Pilgrim Lutheran Church celebrates open communion. Any baptized Christian who is seeking the forgiveness of Christ in the bread and wine, the body and blood of our Lord, is welcome to participate in the supper with us.
Vision and Mission
Our Vision Statement:
We are a people working toward putting Christ first in our life; being the hands and feet of Jesus in Marysville, and beyond.
Our Mission Statement:
Gathering to Worship, Growing as Disciples, Loving God’s People.
Dr. Martin Luther expressed his theology and his faith through this seal that he designed.
- In the center is a black cross indicative of Christ’s dreadful sacrifice on the cross for every sinner who ever lived.
- The cross is in the center of a red heart, to show that faith causes love, joy and peace to grow in the human heart.
- The red heart is on a white rose (Luther’s favorite flower) because white is the color of angels and blessed spirits.
- The white rose is against a blue-sky background to symbolize the Christian’s hope for the coming joys of heaven.
- The seal is enclosed in a gold ring, showing that the bliss of heaven is unending.